Maintenance and warranty
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Right cleaning and always keeping glasses in the hard case will ensure a long-lasting pair of glasses.
- Use a microfibre cloth and alcohol-free liquid lens cleaner or disposable wet wipes. Gently rub both sides of the lenses and all parts of the frame. Never use jumpers or other clothing for cleaning your glasses. The abrasive particles create tiny scratches and a small amount of damage that builds up over time.
- The coating of the eyeglass lenses may be damaged by heat. When exposed to a high temperature, the coating may crack or peel off. Since heat may also deform the frame, you should never expose your eyeglasses to direct sunlight or hot surfaces, do not take it with you when going to a bath and do not leave eyeglasses in a car on a hot day.
- Protect your eyeglasses from sharp objects and salty water.
- Never use chemical substances, such as acetone, hair spray, perfume, insect repellents, etc., as it might damage the coating or the frame.
- Eyeglasses should be put on and taken off using both hands.
- Don't wear your glasses on top of your head, as this will stretch out the temples and make them loose!
At SmartVision, quality is our main focus. We aim to provide the best possible products in the market, but in case you feel like you have received faulty lenses or frames, there is nothing to worry about, as we offer a 24-month manufacturer's warranty. See the list below to check the issues that are covered under warranty and, if they occur, we will repair or replace your items at no extra charge.
|Issues covered||Issues not covered|
|Cracks caused by other reasons than careless handling||Exposure to extreme temperatures|
|Coatings that start peeling off||Exposure to water for extensive amounts of time|
|Cleaning performed not in accordance with our recommendations|
|Frames defects||Loosened screws||Exposure to extreme temperatures|
|Broken nose pads||Exposure to water for extensive amounts of time|
|Weakened (or broken) hinges||Careless handling|
|Chipped logos, jewels, or other similar adornments||Cleaning performed not in accordance with our recommendations|
|Fading of color or oxidation|
Because of environmental factors and regular wear, signs of weariness appear on optical items naturally over time. The reduced glossiness of the frame, scratches on both the frame and the lenses, and such are signs of natural weariness. The warranty does not cover these as they are not considered to be the manufacturer's fault. Rimless and half-rimless glasses are prone to breakage and must, therefore, be worn with extra care. In this case, the damage is not covered under warranty. SmartVision offers 30% discount items needed for this type of eyeglasses repair (including lenses, parts, and materials).
In case of breaking, do NOT try to repair your eyewear yourself. The manufacturer's warranty does not cover products that have been tampered by an unauthorized company or person. Please note that frames and lenses have separate guarantees that cannot be interchanged.
At SmartVision, our primary goal is to ensure maximum quality of the products we provide, thus safeguarding your utmost satisfaction. We are sure that you will love our product, as we do everything we can that each order is manufactured to perfection.